- Keep constant vigil through field survey to prevent crop losses due to locust attack in approximately 2 lakh sq. kms. Scheduled Desert Area in the States of Rajasthan and Gujarat
- Avoid upsurge of locust population in SDA and entry of locust swarms into India through prompt control operations.
- Hold Indo-Pak Border meetings for exchange of locust situation information between two Countries to effectively monitor the situation and ensure preparedness to tackle the emerging locust threat, if any.
- Train the Farmers, State functionaries and locust staff on latest locust control technologies.
- Advise state functionaries, BSF personnel, Panchayat Raj Institutions to inform the nearest LWO office if any locust activity was reported in their areas for needful action.
- Issuance of Desert Locust Situation Bulletin at fortnightly intervals to inform all concerned stakeholders about emerging locust situation in India.
- Conduct research at Field Station on Investigation on Locusts(FSIL) at Bikaner on bio-efficacy of pesticides and bio-pesticides for locust control.